Saturday 9 August 2008

Christina - August 2008





I have been very fortunate that my company sent me home a couple of times recently allowing me to spend some time around Christina, just before her new son will be born. And not only that, but I get to go back next month and meet the little guy after he is born.
These pictures were taken the week of August 4, 2008.
She's is still my beautiful second daughter, but I have thoroughly enjoyed teasing her about being ... what is a nice way to say it??? ... a great, big, fatty!! The truth is that in a very few weeks, she'll be back to skinny again and enjoying the newest addition to the Thornton family.
(Christina took the belly close-up shots herself)
Now the big question is, what will they name him?
Going with the historical theme, like their first son Lincoln ...
Abraham?
George Washington Thornton?
Jackson Thornton?
Jefferson Thornton?
Mary Todd? (nah ... but if it were a girl, perfect!)
Lincoln Junior (Lincoln's favorite)
Stonewall?
Bull Run?
Continental (get it? Lincoln Continental? sorry)
John (plenty of historical precedents, Hancock, Adams, Penn, Hart, Allen ...)

Lastly, despite appearances to the contrary, this is not simply a picture of my gigantic feet. (compare them to the TV!!!) This is really a shot of the beautiful wood flooring now decorating our living room, dining room and playroom thanks to the efforts of our very talented son-in-law Derek. I don't think he thought he could do it this well when he started, but look how great it turned out. Really a professional quality job.

No comments: