Wednesday 27 August 2008

AFA Durham


Coming home from Edinburgh we decided to stop and see the beautiful, and quite famous, cathedral at Durham. I actually read an article about it in my hometown newspaper in North Carolina. It was an article about the most beautiful cathedrals in England.
It did not disappoint. The place is absolutely HUGE! Sadly, as is normally the case, no pictures on the inside. Trust me, it was very impressive. But you can go up on top of the tallest tower, and the view (and the weather) was great. Here are a couple of shots. That is us on top of the cathedral - no that is not my unmentionables showing, it's my white hat. I took it off in the church. I needed both hands while climbing the (exactly) 325 steps to the top of the tower, so I stuck it in my belt.



No comments: