Wednesday 9 January 2008

Traffic Accident - January 2008




What a traffic jamb!
I was sitting at an intersection, minding my own business, waiting for the light to change when BAM! I was struck from behind. It turns out the gentleman in the car behind me was also sitting waiting for the light when a delivery truck hit him from behind, shoving him into my car. Amazingly, the driver of the truck immediately admitted he had fallen asleep at the wheel. And when the police arrived, he told them the same story. That would never happen in the US, no one would admit fault. No one was hurt, just vehicles to be repaired.
The most ironic aspect is that when the police arrived traffic was terrible, so they wanted to get us out of the road as soon as possible and directed us "take the first left, then another left, and pull into the parking lot." That turned out to be a Wolseley Build Centre.
In the pictures you can see the back of my car, the three cars lined up immediate after the accident (you can see the truck was pretty big), and the Wolseley Build Centre.

No comments: